Tuesday, August 12, 2003

A lecturer from Sharif came to give his talk at the conference. The administrator turned on the computer, but as soon as he loaded his talk the message "shutdown in 30 seconds" occurred in Windows XP. This worm is really a pain for some people who didn't patch their Microsoft systems.

"I heard about my son on Al-Manar TV. Nobody can be happy when he loses his son. I feel that I lost a part of myself. I didn't expect that my son could perpetrate an attack like this," said the sobbing father.

A very big problem with having a very young society like Palestine's (47% of refugees under 20!) is the lack of discipline in the society - the young make the rules and are very impressionable. One person can easily wreck the lives of many others... for example if your dad hears on TV that you blew yourself up.

No comments: